Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Why do you love Jesus? Like really love him?

There have come to be many reasons for my love of Christ. His interaction in my life, the grace He gives to me on a moment by moment basis, the comfort and security of His word, and many more such things. As my faith in Christ has grown, so too have these developed. Through Him I have learned of grace (His steadfast love), just what His word teaches and brings, and how He really does interact in our lives as the true living God.

I didn't always have those reasons to love Christ. In fact, there was a time when I didn't have a single one.

I didn't used to believe in a personal god, much less a god that cared one iota about the human race. That slowly began to change through the experiences He brought into my life, and eventually I began to earnestly seek Him.

I wanted a relationship with my creator. There was a great need to know Him, to know my God. Nothing I found could even begin to fill that desire. I knew what I needed, what I wanted, what I was absolutely made for and I wanted it!

Some time passed until I was finally found by what I knew was needed. Until my heart could finally and humbly accept it.

That was when I gained my love for Christ. When He accepted me and fulfilled the deepest need I will ever have. When He finally made me complete in Him. I love Christ for loving me enough to have a relationship with me. To be willing to associate with someone who falls so short of His glory.

He is a wonderful and benevolent king and healer.

No comments: